Tuesday 2 August 2011

Here We Go!

This is it folks!!  It all starts in four days time and the blogging world will be full of opinions come Saturday at 5pm.  I have to be honest and tell you all I am a very simple man, I have read other blogs and message boards with interest over the summer, the motives behind the owners, the ability of Rhoys Wiggins to defend, does Chris Powell really know what he's doing and why did we sign two centre backs who are 6ft or less.  The fact is I don't have a clue about any of it, I am the man who thought Peter Hunt was a great midfield enforcer, Martin Pringle was the next Clive Mendonca and Francis Jeffers was the man to get us goals!  I have learnt over the years to go with my heart over my head, I'm probably wrong more times than I'm right, it's definitely harder to cope with when you are wrong but believe me when you're right, boy is it a great feeling.
The pessimists out  there will tell you the defense isn't fast enough, tall enough or experienced enough, we only have one forward who can score goals, the midfield is good but then again it was meant to be good last year and who knows whats going on between the sticks!
If you really think about it though what is the point in believing anything other than "we will get promotion"?  Do you really want to go there on Saturday believing it's going to be another awful season, or that the best we can hope for is a play-off spot?
The players know promotion is the aim, so do the fans even if they don't believe it.  So go there on Saturday knowing we are going to win, knowing we will be promoted, sing your hearts out, support the team, no matter what the score we will be going up.  Don't boo them if it's not great, don't shout abuse this is your team and they need your support from now until May (well April actually, we'll be up by then!).  Go on tell me you're not even just a little bit excited.

Remember
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment